Network and Social Mobilization Department (NSM)
The Department is responsible for designing programmes that enhance youth voice, create opportunities and prepare youth for jobs, and promote values through the active involvement and participation of young people in governance processes through programmes such as:
- The Nigerian Youth Parliament
- Capacity Building for Leaders of youth bodies and youth NGOs
- Peace Building and Conflict Resolution programmes for in and out of school youths, Community youth leaders and heads of youth NGOs, and Leadership/Mentoring/ Re-orientation programmes
- Local and International Youth Exchanges programmes
- Holiday Camping
- Programmes on Drug Abuse, Youth Trafficking and Prostitution
- Youth Rights and Governance
- Mobilization of youths for participation in both local and international functions and establishment of partnership with both local and international youth NGOs, Development Partners and other relevant stakeholders in youth development.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Design and organize programmes that enhance the voice of youth in national development
- Design and organize programmes for the promotion of values among youth
- Monitor and supervise the National Youth Council of Nigeria and other Voluntary Youth Organizations
- Establishment of bilateral relations with regional and International Communities for Youth Exchange Programs
- Creation of opportunities for youth to interact and share ideas with decision/policy makers
- Promote excellence among youth through recognition and award of excellence e.g. National Youth Award Scheme.
- Initiate Networking Strategies among youth driven or youth focused NGOs
- Serve as the interface for the Ministry’s dealings with all Youth NGOs.