The Department is responsible for preparation, implementation/coordination of all tender process as stipulated by the PPA 2007 which includes the following activities:-
- Proposing Procurement Planning Committee members as laid down in the 2007 Public Procurement plan at the beginning of every financial year;
- Preparation of bid documents and memoranda on projects;
- Advertisement for contractor’s pre-qualification and financial bidding;
- Covering of Procurement Planning Committee (PPC) and Ministerial Tender Board (MTB) meetings;
- Processing of letters of invitation for tenders for the MTB;
- Conveyance of contract award approvals to successful bidders;
- Preparation for annual reports on tenders;
- Preparation/coordination of monitoring and evaluation of projects and ensuring compliance with 2007 Procurement Act; and
- Secretariat for Ministerial Tender Board.
THE ACTIVITIES IN THE PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT
Entails the Procurement f Works, Goods and Services
- The Works includes the construction of Youth centers, skill acquisition centers, community halls and multipurpose halls across the six geographical areas of the country.
- The Goods are procurement of equipment, materials, etc for youth empowerment activities.
- The services involve the procurement of non-consultancy services for Youth skills acquisition programmes.
- The activities fall within zonal intervention and main budgets of the Ministry.